background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Made it back to St. Petersburg

Despite two plane changes (the first flight being EXTREMELY FULL - yet again!), and a nine-hour time difference we are sitting in the lobby of our hotel watching a hockey game on the big screen TV and trying to keep our eyes open. This trip was easier than the last in that we knew what to expect, where we were going, and how the process was run, but knowing that also make me WAY more sleepy this time, and I crashed for about an hour after we checked in, got settled, and sent the "we made it safe and sound" e-mail to family and close friends!

Tomorrow the day starts early - 9:15 we are being picked up to head over to the orphanage where I will meet with my interpreter for court, and then get to spend some time with RP! (Guss this means I need to "train" my mom on how to use the new camera tonight then, eh?). The specific time for court hasn't been specified yet so I'm still waiting on that, but I did hear that the hearing itself should last about an hour. I inquired on when I would be able to come and get my little RP after court and am not comforted by the answer, as apparently there is a two-day government holiday in February that may impact my ability to come, swoop her up, and head home so it's either come and stay over here for 10+ days, or stay home and head back here a bit later. Hmmm.... didn't know that and not happy to hear it, but first things first - lets head to court and get the adoption finalized. THEN we can start planning RP's happy homecoming!

No comments: