background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Five weeks, no word yet...

I can hardly believe it, but it's been FIVE WEEKS since my mom and I left Russia to come back here and start the waiting game all over again. Five weeks - wow. The coordinators over there said to anticipate a wait of no less than six weeks, and hopefully now that the Russian holidays are coming to an end, maybe we'll hear something soon. Considering the fact that we are having blizzard-like conditions today and United and American had already cancelled a number of their flights by 6:30 this morning (you learn a LOT when you are up at 5 a.m. to shovel snow!) I guess it's a good thing we weren't trying to leave today, or even this weekend. Also considering the fact that I don't have my background check back from the FBI, I would be a wreck right about now if I were trying to leave.

Still, I miss my little RP terribly and can't wait to go over there and make everything "official." I have started telling people at work (the more gossipy ones are at the end of the week - I am going to need extra-strength Tylenol to get me through those discussions - well, that or vodka. Lots of vodka.) and the reactions make me chuckle. My supervisors were all very excited and nice about it - and truly surprised and amazed that I kept such a big undertaking secret for as long as I did. I told a colleague (not a close one) yesterday in a meeting because I am trying to get some communications issues cleared up between our teams before I am out on my leave, and she didn't bat an eye - no congratulations, "are you nuts?," nothing. I am not entirely sure she understood what I was talking about/getting at, but it was still pretty awkward. People are funny - and I guess that was my first taste of someone finding out and not being happy for me, and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. Sad, but true.

So from here we'll keep waiting and hoping for a quick court date and an even faster 10-day waiting period to go by so I can bring my little RP home once and for all. Until then, we'll just keep waiting... :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm glad you are getting positive reactions. As for the ones that are neutral or negative, just brush them off. People are crazy and the positive is all you need.

Keeping my fingers crossed for news soon on a trip back.

Miss you!
xo