background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Tomorrow... court!

Today we were picked up at 9:15 by the agency driver and drove trough snow and crazy-slick roads to the orphanage, where we met up with the translator who will assist me in court tomorrow. We went straight into the orphanage and after a bit found a nice, bright, BIG room to meet RP in. She, of course, was NOT happy and was brought into the room yelling and crying (poor thing!) - we could hear her coming down the hall!

The positive of the initial visit was that she let me hold her and let me comfort her - we even played with this little See 'n Say turtle I brought and some books that made noise, which kept her occupied for a bit. THEN she launched into this screaming fit which mirrored the likes of when we first met her - kicking, thrashing, the whole tantrum bit, until one of the workers came in and got her calmed down. Poor thing had the hiccups and all from all her crying! She would calm down for a bit and let me hold her, then start to cry all over again - I honestly think she was really confused and frightened, but by the end of the visit she was sitting nicely on my lap, sucking her thumb and cuddling, worn out from it all!

The translator seems to think that her behavior will change/improve in this regard once we leave the orphanage simply because she will be in unfamiliar territory as opposed to knowing what else is around her. I just hope that she continues to become more comfortable and trusting of me, as it breaks my heart to see her so upset. You may have noticed there aren't any pictures from today - which is due simply to spending so much time/energy of getting RP calmed down and comfortable that I quite frankly forgot all about the camera!

Tomorrow is court and I am REALLY nervous. The translator really didn't help any when she asked me a few questions to which I simply don't have the answer - like her exact medical diagnosis (I know MY interpretation of this diagnosis, but I don't have the "official" diagnosis - go figure!). She is meeting with me 30 minutes before the hearing tomorrow to go over everything again, and I'm spending the rest of today reviewing my documents and prep questions just to be sure. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be a Mom - and I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad you got to spend time with RP even if it was tempered with crying. She will get better and more comfortable. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Court will go great tomorrow and this will all be coming to a close soon!

xo

Unknown said...

You are going to do great in court. They are going to see how much you love RP and what a wonderful life you are prepared to give her. You have no reason to worry! The translator is probably right. When she leaves the orphanage you are the only thing she will know and she will start to depend on you. When she realizes that she can depend on you and you will always meet her needs, you will start to see that bond strengthen! I can't wait to hear you are an "official" Mommy!