background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The next 48 hours...

Approximately 48 hours from now my mom and I will be leaving for the airport to head back to St. Petersburg, see RP, and finalize the adoption in court. Through everyone's good thoughts and prayers the FBI clearances AND visas have been received, scanned, and sent off to the appropriate parties, and I am in varying states of disarray when it comes to packing everything that needs to go with us!

After such a long time (just over 12 months) this seems almost surreal. Is it really possible that next week at this time I'll officially be a MOM, even though I won't have custody of my precious RP for a couple of weeks? I try to focus on the positive but inside I can't deny that I'm terrified something will go wrong, the court will say "nyet," and I will come back broken-hearted. I also know that I have a fantastic agency and that I wouldn't have gotten this far if there was going to be a problem, so I need to relax and enjoy what's left of my "bachelorette life" before I move into the next, most important phase ever, my "new mommy life."

I'll try to blog and post pictures while we're over there and you might even hear me shout for joy when the court appointment is over - yes, from 10.000 miles away! After the long process, the waiting and the hoping, the disappointments and delays, this is exactly where I want to be, and the only thing better will be when I hold my little girl in my arms... for good!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You leave tomorrow! You leave tomorrow! You leave tomorrow!

We are so, so, so, so happy for you. A few more weeks and she will be in your arms.

We love you!!!

xo