background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frustrated!!!

So, I called the Customer Service department for the FBI this morning (which, by the way, still weirds me out!) and after speaking with a MOST unpleasant girl (unlike the guy I spoke to the first time) I am beyond frustrated with this process!

First off, the girl talked to me like I'm an idiot. I spelled my name for her THREE TIMES and she kept asking me, "Are you sure?" Uh... yeah - I'm pretty sure I know how to spell my.own.name.

Then she told me they didn't have it. Um - I don't think so, since I called on December 23 and the guy I talked to was not only able to find it, but also able to tell me that it was in process. Please check again.

Oh.... yeah, we have it. But it's not done. It's only been SEVEN WEEKS. It takes anywhere from eight to ten to process. You knew this, right?

Yes, I knew this - from the first time I called. I let her know that all the paperwork I received, one of the documents which is from the FBI itself, says that this process takes four to five weeks. As we've already determined, it's been SEVEN. She acknowledges this and tells me that it USED to take four-five weeks, but now they are so busy it takes eight to ten.

I let her know that I am waiting for a call to go to Russia to go to court any day now and I REALLY need this done, and despite my reddened face and palpitating heart, I ask her nicely if there is anything she can do to flag it or put a rush on it. As you may have already guessed, the answer was "no." Not just "no," but "no I can't - call us back in two weeks if you haven't heard anything yet."

I usually keep my opinions about our government to myself but this is ludicrous. Not to open up a sensitive subject, but this is exactly why government-run health care is a bad idea - if this were a pre-surgical consult I was waiting on, life or death, I would be dead before the government was able to make any decision and get back to me! I realize this is apples-to-oranges, but to me this IS life and death, and the apathy of the girl I talked to set the tone (and my mood) for the entire day.

Guess I'll keep waiting, and hope that I get this back before I have to call these people back again. I'm pretty sure if a third phone call becomes necessary I might not pass this background check after all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like my adventure to the social security office - which by the way is SOOOOOO NOT paperless in any way! I know where all the rainforests are going now!