background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Pregnancy brain?

So, I guess my first question is whether or not you can even GET "pregnancy brain" without physically being pregnant? No offense to my pregnant (or formerly pregnant!) friends, but my understanding of pregnancy brain is that you become very forgetful, scatterbrained, or just out of it on some level, which is pretty much what I have going on right about now.

I spent Friday night filling out dual-entry visa applications for my mom and I to fill out and sign, so we could get them Fed-Ex'd out straight away today. Filled out the forms, my mom signed hers before our big shopping excursion on Saturday, and I was content knowing that everything would be sent out first thing this morning.

I kept hearing rumblings on the train on Friday, and seeing people posting things about "three day weekends" on Facebook, but it honestly wasn't until YESTERDAY that I realized that MLK day was today. Uh, hello - MLK day equates into banks being closed, which also equates into no way possible for Teri to go and get that money order for the visas that was required for the package to go out. Okay, no biggie - I'll grab the cash out of an ATM and find a scary Currency Exchange to get the money order (figuring if I could manage a Currency Exchange in St. Petersburg I could CERTAINLY handle one in Chicago, right???).

Problem number two comes in that you have to send your passports, along with the money orders, and along with the visa applications, in order to have them processed. YEP - you guessed it - I left my passports, safely locked up in the lockbox at home. AARRGGHHH - I am SO frustrated with myself right now - we are cutting this right down to the wire, and we'll have just a little over a week to get our visas AND let's not forget that I still don't have my FBI fingerprint clearance back yet.

The good news??? Two weeks from today I'll be seeing my little RP again. I can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think "pregnancy brain" is just another term for Mom! I have not fully recovered from it nor do I have any hopes that I ever will.lol You are now part of the club, Mom!