background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Mini-meltdown - to be expected???

As I alluded to yesterday my nerves were starting to get the best of me and I was struggling to remain upbeat and positive while facing down some pretty daunting deadlines in front of me, all while trying to work full-time and prepare to journey half-way across the world. This all came to a head last night when, for no reason other than it had been building all day, I had a mini-meltdown (which I'm sure won't be the last before this process is over!).

I'm tired - mentally and physically - and ready to move on with everything, not just the adoption. Work has been stressful lately in that my boss, who previously had been pretty laid back and cool, has become more tyranical in his thoughts and actions lately, is now holding me personally responsible for a number of projects, initiatives, and communications that really have NOTHING to do with my day-to-day job. I'm all for branching out and trying new things, but when my team is struggling due to being short-staffed and seeing increased volumes of work for the 5th month in a row, NOW is not the time to try all this "new stuff" out. He is clearly not happy that I will be out on FMLA for a period of time and is pressuring me to set up weekly check-in times with him while I'm out. NOT a fan of this idea and it's NOT gonna happen, which may limit my career options here, which is sad and ironic since this is the same company that prides itself of trying to create healthy work-life balances. I would also like to point out that my boss is a father with three kids of his own - all under the age of 5 - and that although his wife does not work outside the office, they have a nanny for the children, a concept I truly don't understand, but that's another subject for another day. Anyway...

Couple this with the fact that I'm nervous and on-edge about my upcoming trip and oh-so important court appointment, and you've got one messy bundle of nerves who fights every morning to get out of bed and do her best all day long, all while not giving in to the overwhelming urge to curl up and just bawl her eyes out. That's all I can do, and that's all I'm going to do. In the interim, if I become snappy or snarky please smack me back into good sense - I truly don't mean it and am trying really hard not to let it happen....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there. You are almost done and your life will never be the same (for the better)! I don't know a stronger person out there and RP is a very lucky girl. Don't worry about work or your boss. Believe me, they will still be there when you get back from FMLA and after you have had some time to adjust to everything - you can make decisions that are right for you and your FAMILY! Sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs!