background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quickly approaching six weeks...

So we're not there yet, but two days from now will mark six weeks of waiting for court. While I am working VERY hard on remaining an eternal optimist, this date is a bit bittersweet for me because when I left Russia my coordinator told me she was hopeful that I'd be back in six weeks for court. Which would be THIS.WEEK.

My little RP is blissfully unaware that I am over here, pining for her - and as weird as it sounds, that makes me happy. Happy for her because her life is going on as usual as she is too young to truly understand what is about to happen to her. The people that we met at the orphanage truly appear to care for the children and do their best to ensure the happiness of the little ones, and in the midst of all the excitement and anticipation of her finally coming home with me, I do feel badly for ripping her away from that love and care, away from the only home she has ever known.

I am hoping to hear any day now of my impending court date and am anxious to make that day and a half trip again. Of course, I STILL don't have my FBI fingerprint clearance and I desperately need that before I can go to court, so I guess everything happens for a reason. Timing is everything. (insert your favorite, appropriate, cliche here!) However, I can't WAIT to be holding my little RP, once and for all, and begin our new adventure in life. Together.

No comments: