background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The inside struggle

So we are now 6.5 weeks into the wait for Trip 1 and I'm going almost batty. It helps a bit that my agency asked one of their recent "grads" to contact me and answer questions and share her story with me (she is apparently a single mom kinda sorta local to here and she just returned from St. Petersburg after completing the adoption of a little girl). Although I don't know any more details that what I just shared, it's nice to know that there are others, just like me, out there being SUCCESSFUL in their adoption efforts. The infamous chat boards are also a source of small comfort right now as they have just confirmed that most people are in fact waiting 8-12 weeks for trip 1, and 2-10 weeks for trip 2.

That being said my inside struggle has to do with when to tell people about the adoption. Of course my family and close friends know, but I have a reunion coming up and I'm not sure what to share and what to keep close for right now. Additionally, I have not said anything to anyone at work, mostly because the people I work with are VERY gossipy and I don't want to be fodder for their office chats, and partly because I don't think I can handle question after question after question... you get the drift. Of course, then I start to think about how it is not really fair to expect them to just let me waltz to another country for a week or so on three separate occasions with no warning in advance, and I really do owe it to my team to start prepping them for me being gone and completely out of touch for a week at a time, and longer when I come back as I'd like to use FMLA to stay home with RP when her adoption is final. Oh, the decisions...

On a happy note I found the cutest little pink jumper when I was in Disney World last week which of course I just HAD to buy for RP (hopefully in the right size!). The caption below Princess Minnie Mouse reads "Princess in Training," - appropriate, don't you think?

No comments: