background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Will the madness ever end?

So, I am home sick today (don't ask - you don't wanna know, and I don't want to get into the details!) and have been running around like a crazy woman all day. This is remarkable in that all my running around has been at home - never left the house with all the madness, but it certainly feels like it!

My agency called me this morning to tell me that I had to have my photo collage and verification letter (properly notarized and apostilled!) to them by Friday in order to be in Moscow by the weekend. Yep - MOSCOW requested these documents ASAP. Not a big deal, as I'm on top of it and the documents are in Springfield awaiting apostilling, and for all I know are already done! A quick phone call and I'll be back to being miserable in my illness, right?

Wrong! I called Springfield, who located the documents and told me that they would be done today or tomorrow, and sent out to Ohio for a Thursday arrival. Whew! Of course nothing in this process has gone according to plan, so I wasn't necessarily surprised when 10 minutes later I received an e-mail that said that two of the document (I sent 6 total) could not be apostilled because the notary's name was one way on his certificate, and another on his stamp. Guess which documents these were? You got it - the photo verification letter!

This has now caused 18 e-mails (and no I'm not exaggerating - thank you Gmail for keeping a tally on the number of e-mails in a thread!) and at least 7 phone calls to try to figure out what I can do. My biggest fear was that they were going to say "sorry, no referral - we're giving her to someone else and back of the line for you!" but I managed to e-mail them the photos and hopefully the SOS will send them a fax of what we have so far that they can use until the notarized documents get done. I would like to point out that I have not yet heard from my social worker, who needs to do this document over again, despite my quite frantic voice mail and THREE e-mails (2 of which were in response to the director's e-mail response to my initial request).

Wish me luck and please keep those fingers crossed - I'm still not out of the woods, but have at least stopped hyperventilating due to these issues!

No comments: