background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Completed six weeks of waiting!

I know it's been a while since I posted, and for that I apologize. I was in Florida last week (alright, I was in Disney World last week!) for a training class and just didn't have time, or internet access, to update while I was there.

First off, six weeks of waiting are down and we are now working on week seven. While it's nice to be on the downward slope of a possible 12 week wait, this is getting harder by the day, let alone by the week. I'm really ready for that call that tells me to go ahead and pack my bags and am tired of wondering when it will come.

Being in Disney last week was hard because of, you guessed it, all the families that were there. It was pretty apparent that some of the families I saw were created through adoption, and that made me hopeful for what's to come, but it was also hard to be surrounded by so many happy families enjoying the wonder that is "Disney magic" when I know that my little girl is in an orphanage halfway around the world, waiting for me. I also found myself wishing for my family - parents, brother and sister-in-law, niece, and nephews to be there with me as well, as I know they would have LOVED it.

It had been 13 years since I had last been to Orlando and I can't wait to go back, and share all the wonder with my own little girl - someday (soon!)!!!

No comments: