background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Damned message boards!

So, I know better than to check the message boards on the state of international adoption, but I do so anyway. Religiously. It's like a compulsion now - I can't help myself. For the most part I've been able to look at the boards and say, "Wow - my timelines are WAY faster than some of the people on here." Which makes me feel fantastic about the agency I chose and sad for those who have been waiting much, much longer than me for a referral - any referral.

Then why did I get upset when looking at the boards today only to see that people are traveling anywhere from 2-5 weeks after they received their referral? For me, that would have been THIS WEEK! My coordinator told me to expect to wait the full 12-weeks and so far everything she said has been spot-on, or even earlier, but now that I have seen that beautiful face and those fantastic eyes the wait is harder than ever. I want to hug my baby girl, snuggle her and let her know that someone cares and that she is part of a family, a family that cannot wait for her to come home.

Even my seven-year old nephew is excited! He asked my mom a few weeks ago, "When is Aunt Teri going to bring her baby girl home?" While he doesn't understand the ins and outs yet, he understands family and will be a FANTASTIC cousin to my little one, which only makes me even more sad.

Time will hopefully fly-by and I'll be in St. Petersburg before long, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Please join me in praying that this will be the case! :)

No comments: