background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Starting week five of the dreaded wait...

Today officially marks a full four weeks - one month if you will - of waiting to go over to St. Petersburg and meet my little girl. The wait is both flying by and dragging, and no, I haven't completely lost my mind (emphasis on the word "completely" in that sentence!). I can't believe it is already the middle of September and for the umpteenth time this year I am wondering where the year went! On the other hand, I keep looking at the pictures of this adorable little girl who is waiting for me, for my family, halfway around the world and I am moved to tears by longing and anger. I can't WAIT to go over and get her, leaping through any and all hurdles along the way and I am angry at the bureaucracy that is slowing this process down. My coordinator warned me that St. Petersburg is a great region for singles, but it moves slowly and methodically. Yep, she wasn't kidding.

Four weeks down, hopefully only a few more to go! Until then, I'll keep pining the days and nights away until I can feel her little hand in mine and look into those big brown eyes in person, and hopefully soon enough she will be forever mine. :)

No comments: