background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shopping for RP!

So, my mom and I went to the Frankfort Fall Festival today and I have to say it was quite disappointing. I was hoping to find some really cute one-piece jumpers to bring RP home in and alas, could not. Several years ago I got a really cute one for my niece (including a hat!) and I guess I should have known better than to go into the craft fair specifically LOOKING for something, as my luck is typically that I can find hundreds of things when I don't have anything particular in mind, but once I have a vision I find it next to impossible to complete it. I did find the most adorable "Adoption" picture frame in pink and brown and I can't wait to fill it with a picture from my first trip to Russia!

After the craft fair we went to JCPenney where I found the most adorable blue corduroy ballet-themed jumper and matching onesie set, a summer romper, and a pink "Princess" teddy bear - all on sale! My mom found a couple of adorable pairs of shorts for next summer as well, so RP is already getting quite the wardrobe! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am guessing correctly on all the sizes and that everything will fit in the season for which it is intended, and I am getting more and more anxious to travel to meet my little princess! We are completing the third week of the wait and each day that goes by gets easier, and more difficult, to deal with. I can't explain HOW that can be - I can only explain that it IS. Weird, eh?

Now I am home relaxing, and wondering HOW on earth it got to be Labor Day weekend already, when it seems that time has just dragged this year in moving through the adoption. Hopefully this bodes well for a speedy trip one, followed by trips two and three! As much as I would have loved to have RP home before Christmas, my best guess, if the timeline falls as the agency said it could, would be February. I hope this means I'll have a new Valentine in 2010!!! :)

No comments: