background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Feeling oh-so gloomy today...

Ever have one of those days that you really wish you could crawl back into bed and hide from the rest of the world? Today is one of those days for me... and then some.

I stayed home sick yesterday and am not feeling a whole heckuva lot better today, but came in to work because a) I hate being out sick and b) we were having a big systems launch today. I should have KNOWN today was going to be a bad day when on my way to the train station random electrical transformers started to explode along side me as I was driving! Nope - not kidding - huge blue-white flashes of light on top of the poles next to the street I was driving on! Then I noticed the car starting to shake and rattle and the "brake" light came on just as I was getting off the highway. I got off the train in Chicago to see three police squad cars at the site of a bad taxi accident. And yes, this was all before I reached the office!

The story doesn't get much better. I came in to systems being down, not working, and a bunch of very cranky people. I then find out that the Product Manager who f'ed this whole launch up has posted my teams' contact information for problems with HIS PRODUCT, which as I have already overstated, DOESN'T WORK! Come to find out that these issues have now impacted my other team, who have NOTHING to do with this worthless piece of technology, and I have seen the Product Manager strutting back and forth from Jamba Juice in an effort to appease the developers, but has not offered so much as an apology to my team who is directly impacted by his, shall we say, idiocy??? Oh yeah - and we're only halfway through the day. I can hardly wait for this afternoon.

I really need to go back to bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! You know your friends have your back! Have you tried shopping for a carseat - shopping always helps and you will need one of those.

Teri said...

Thanks Jen! I do not have the carseat yet but have picked one out! Retail therapy always helps but at this point I'm about out of things to buy during this really, really long process! :)