background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week Twelve...

So we are two days into week twelve at this point and I keep thinking to myself that it can't be much longer, right? We have to hear something soon. Soon enough we will be jetting off to a land far, far away and it will be magical. Right?

Yes, this reminds me of a fairy tale, of a princess in a distant land struggling for someone to rescue her, to go home, and most importantly live happily ever after. I LOVED those stories when I was growing up and am still searching for that happily ever after, but not for myself. For RP. This entire process is about her - about bringing her home to a family that longs to hold her, love her, and give her all of the best in lift that they possibly can.

However, all fairy tales have villains, and for the life of me in this story I can't find one. It certainly isn't her birth mother who made the choice to place her for adoption in the hopes of giving her a loving family and all that she could not. It isn't the people working in the orphanage, doing the best they can to meet the needs of the children residing there. Nor are the agency people the villains in this story - they are working hard to unite these children to their forever families from tens of thousands of miles away. I have to believe it also isn't me (although those of you who know me know that I do have my moments!) or my family who truly want the best for our dark-eyed, beautiful little RP. So, can you have a fairy tale without the villain?

All in all we keep waiting here - waiting for our happily ever after...

No comments: