background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The squeaky wheel...

It has often been said that "the squeaky wheel gets the oil." Now, you may be asking yourself if I have completely lost my mind, or WHAT that has to do with me, or with this adoption. I have decided that in order to get some answers, I need to be that squeaky wheel - the one who is demanding some attention and a resolution. I am tired of waiting. I am tired of being patient. I am tired of wondering. Yes, I'm just plain tired.

So I e-mailed the agency - again. Asked again if they had heard anything. And of course I received the "we haven't heard anything, but we'll let you know if we do - just hang in there!" response. Again. We have now met the 8-12 week threshold and still no end in sight. No plans to visit RP, let alone move the process along. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled beyond belief that in the last two weeks I have found a new picture of her AND received more information as to how she is doing. I have been assured that they are working on getting me travel dates and they haven't forgotten me. Yet, at this point, it's still not enough. I need to plan for going. I need to know that this all WILL happen and that she will come home... with me... soon.

Sorry for venting - and thanks to each of you who keep reading this and reassuring me that it will all work out and be over before we know it. My family and friends are my lifeline and my saviors right now and I appreciate them more and more each and every day (and can't wait to make RP a part of their lives too!)!!! :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I know your heart is aching with love for RP and you just want her home. I wish there was something I could do to speed up this process for you, to get your little girl home. While I know you didn't receive the answers you wanted, it is good to know the agency is still working on your case and they are trying to get you to Russia. And we are all here for you. If you need a hug, a shoulder to cry on or someone to listen to you vent, I'm here. We are all here. Let's get together soon. Okay?

Miss you.

xo

Unknown said...

You know you should look at your local hospital's website. Often they have classes for the care and feeding of kids. You might want to take a CPR class that focuses on children and see if they have any toddler specific classes. That might help!