background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's almost here!

So, I have to start by apologizing for not posting and keeping everyone up to speed. Many of you know that I have been an utter basket case over the last week or so, trying to gather paperwork, explain the apostille process, and coerce and nag people into completing my paperwork requests so it can be on its merry way.

I am happy to report that the package containing all of the new paperwork is on its way to the Secretary of State's office to be apostilled, and I am praying that everything meets the criteria and nothing has to be redone (although I have a nagging feeling that SOMETHING will - I just don't know what yet). I have been touched by the kindness of strangers and the lengths to which some people have gone to help me out, and it has been quite the humbling experience, one which has reinstated my faith in fellow mankind.

I have been growing more and more panicked over not having my passports and visas in hand and today found out that due to simple human error at the Russian embassy these documents were never sent out yesterday, and that I will not be receiving them today as originally promised. I have to say that my frantic e-mails and phone calls to the agency paid off big time because once they were made aware of this, the courier personally drove to the embassy, picked up my packet, and deposited it directly AT FedEx, and I have confirmed that it is now en route, scheduled to be here by 10:30 a.m. Friday. WHEW! I have to say my agency is worth every penny paid to them as they have been phenomenal in responding to questions and issues immediately, and I feel bad for those who are working with agencies who aren't as well connected or quick to respond, as my coordinator did tell me that she found out that there were passports and visas in that pile at the Embassy for people who were supposed to travel on Thanksgiving, and there is no way these documents will be to them in time now. Can you even imagine?

I really should be working, but I just can't focus. Everything right now is tied up in this trip and praying that it all goes off without a hitch, I sign the papers to proceed, and we are granted a speedy court date. Of course, as I say this, I was made aware that the Russian Orthodox Christmas is in January and everything comes to a screeching halt for about two weeks because of this, so there might be some delay in going back for court.

I'll try to post again before we leave, and I am definitely going to try to carve out time over there to document what's going on (and maybe, just maybe, post a few pictures).

If I run out of time and don't get to post again, please know that I am thinking of each of you and thanking God I have you all in my life. I truly have the BEST family and the most FANTASTIC friends a person could ever hope for, and this Thanksgiving I am most thankful that all of you are in my life!!!

No comments: