background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More.Paperwork.

Yes, that's right - MORE paperwork. I am pretty convinced right about now that there isn't a form or a clearance that I HAVEN'T done at this point. Last night I had a complete meltdown and was feeling absolutely wretched about things, but we're taking it one form at a time and moving on. Today's paper chase, believe it or not done AROUND actually working today, involved the following:

- Dropping off a copy of the local police clearance letter that I have had done TWICE now at the Joliet Police station, only to be told that the person that does those letters was NOT in the office today, and the girl I gave the copy to had NO idea what I was talking about. Not a good way to start the day, as this was literally at 7:15 a.m.
- Going to the IL State Bureau of Identification (betcha didn't know such a place existed, didja - neither did I... until today) to pick up the blank FBI fingerprinting card. Yes, that's right - MORE fingerprints. I think at this point I should have higher security clearance than Barack Obama. Mind you, these people don't actually DO the fingerprinting, they sit behind bullet-proof glass and after buzzing you in, they hand you a blank card. I want that job.
- Driving out to New Lenox to drop off the medical clearance form I need done (times two) and the cover letter for the copy of the medical licence (ditto on the times two). These forms basically require the doctor to sign them both, make two copies of her medical license, and have them notarized. Apparently THIS is a problem because they don't HAVE a notary on staff (despite telling my mom a month and a half ago that they did) AND because I didn't have a current TB test on file (we'll get back to this). After being assured that the office manager, who comes in at 8:30 (yes, at this point it was only 8:05!) would call me back in an hour, I was on my way home, to work remotely due to things literally blowing up in the office.
- 9:30 I call the people to whom I am entrusting my passport and our visas to find out when I can expect them back. No answer - left voice mail. NOT happy.
- 10:30 I call the doctor's office to check on the medical clearance letter - can pick it up on my "lunch," right? Nope - it is now that I find out about the fact that I have to have a TB test done - today - before the doctor will sign it, oh yeah AND that she won't sign it for another 48 hours, when I return to her office for them to "read" my test. **sigh** Make appointment for 1:15 TB test today - ugh.
- 1:15 head BACK to New Lenox for TB test - painful and gross, but done. On my way home I call the fingerprinting people (aka: the Evidence Department at the Joliet Police Station) to find out if I can coerce them into taking my fingerprints today. Woo-hoo - they have someone available and I should head right over.
- 1:30 arrive at the police station and walk all the way around the building, in the rain, to the Evidence entrance, only to be told that I have to go to the Main Lobby, pay the fee, and bring the receipt back. Really? Okee dokee then - I trek BACK to the main entrance (which is the same place I dropped off my letter at 7:15 a.m.), pay the fee, get the receipt, and ask about my letter from almost 6.5 hours ago to be met with a blank stare and confirmation that the woman who is off on Wednesday is apparently the ONLY person who can write said letter and I should call back to check on it. Tomorrow. **double sigh** Alrighty then - I take my paid receipt, trek BACK around the building, in the rain, and FINALLY get the Evidence person to open the door. Said Evidence person was a police officer and it's a bit off putting to be met by someone wearing a gun - yikes!!! Luckily he was SUPER nice and did my fingerprints in record time, and I was off and on my way.
- Return home around 2:00ish and in randomly checking bank balances come to discover that Bank of America has posted my mortgage payment - TWICE, which is going to be a problem in writing out the fees check that is due to the agency, oh - this week. So I CALL BOA and was literally on the phone with them for 45 minutes. Good news - they will refund one of the postings. Bad news - they won't do it until I fax them a copy of my bank statement showing the double posting. I don't own a fax machine, so I ask if I can e-mail it - nope. Something about security issues - yadda, yadda, yadda - but maybe Customer Service of my bank will fax it for me? Great idea Miss BOA - let me call them. You guessed it - for security reasons Harris will NOT fax customer records, so now this needs to wait for me to hightail it into the office in the morning to get this done. Let's just say I did NOT need this little wrinkle right about now.
- 3:00ish I receive an e-mail from our HR person that my employment verification letters are done AND notarized - woo-hoo! I needed that good news and can now check that off my to-do list.
- 5:00 call the visa people BACK to try to get some answers on my visas/passports and you guessed it, went to voice mail. I am annoyed and do not leave a message but wonder how many American Airlines miles it would cost me to fly out there and kick someone's butt...


I know this is a MASSIVE post and I apologize for the length. Someday I am sure I will re-read this and chuckle over it all, while snuggling my little RP. For today though, I am annoyed, I am frazzled, and I am feeling completely demoralized. Tomorrow is another day, and it's another day closer to visiting my little RP for which I am oh-so grateful. I just need to get through today.

No comments: