background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Agh! Too much to do!

So, I'm feeling overwhelmed today and am very much NOT enjoying being in the office. I feel like there are about 1,000 OTHER things I can/should be doing to get ready for this trip, and working is not among them. Then again, this job pays for the roof over my head and the food on the table and without it I would NOT be able to adopt RP in the first place, so staying in the good graces of my employer is probably a good idea. :)

I have starting compiling everything we need to bring on this trip into a big pile in RP's room and I am overwhelmed by the sight of it (yes, "overwhelmed" is apparently the topic of the day!). I thought we would be bale to squeeze everything we were bringing into our carry-on bags, but in reviewing Lufthansa's flight policies today I made the terrible discovery that because we are flying "Economy" class we are only allowed ONE carry-on bag and up to two checked bags per person. Our clothes and toiletries would fit into the carry-on no problem (welllll..... maybe no problem!) but we are bringing five pairs of winter boots, five winter coats (and one snowsuit), and six sets of hats/gloves for the orphanage plus a ton of toys and other clothes to donate. Even though the coats and boots are baby/toddler sized, they still take up a TON of space, so now we have to check the bags. I wouldn't be so concerned, but we literally land in Frankfurt at 7 a.m. (local time) and our flight to St. Petersburg leaves at 8:10 a.m. - 70 minutes to deplane and have our baggage moved to the new airplane. I don't like checking baggage when flying domestically - checking it for international is pretty much going to kill me. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That stinks that you will have to check your bags, but I'm sure you will be fine on time. A couple weeks and you will be in Russia!!!!

xo