background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sense of accomplishment!

Today my mom and I did some MAJOR power shopping and I am happy to announce that we made some major headway in our search for the gifts for the orphanage! We purchased five winter coats, 5 pairs of winter boots, and 5 sets of hats and gloves - all at the request of the agency. Additionally, we picked up a few toys and I have a few items from when I thought I was adopting a boy (including an adorable blue snowsuit!) that we will also be donating, and I want to pick up a few more toys before we go.

Although I said I wasn't going to do it, we also bought RP some ADORABLE little outfits and now I'm praying that they will fit! We got a fluffy pink snowsuit and a three-piece pants outfit that included a pink t-shirt and adorable little rose colored fur coat, along with three little dresses, a fleecy pantsuit, a pair of fleece pants, and a couple of long-sleeved thermal onesies. I'm not kidding when I say that her closet is now half full, and again I'm praying that what I have picked up will fit as it is all SOOO cute!

The confirmations came for our e-tickets and I confirmed that the FedEx package containing our passports was delivered today so we are making some serious headway. I am ready to go NOW, and then feel like I need another three weeks to get ready - and it's been getting me up at 4 a.m. every day, so I'm hoping that getting some of this taken care of will help with that, and come two weeks from today we'll jump on that plane without a worry. (Yeah, yeah - those of you who know me know that ISN'T going to happen, but we can hope, can't we?)

It's all starting to come together... and I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yeah for all you accomplished yesterday. And honestly, while I know there will be worry, I think the adrenaline of meeting your princess for the first time will carry you through your travels with ease. Just a couple more weeks and the day will be here. I'm so excited for you!!!

xo