background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nesting...

Yes, you read that right - nesting. I spent the entire day (okay, okay - ALMOST the entire day!) cleaning today. I was like a woman possessed - had to get some "spring cleaning" done, even though it's November. I have always heard of pregnant women nesting right before they had their babies, but I don't know if it is necessarily a phenomenon for pre-adoptive mothers, but I am going to guess that it can happen...

I still don't have travel dates yet and Monday will be the start of the 13th week of waiting. **sigh** I figured I would be traveling by now, and to be still waiting on dates is working my very last nerve. On the plus side I DID receive information this week from the referral team regarding RP. I had asked for development milestones at the request of the IA doctor when I first accepted the referral of her, but I never heard back. This week I received the following information regarding my little RP:

* She can stand unassisted
* She can play with toys
* She understands simple instructions
* She smiles
* She babbles, says simple words.
* The girl shows good progress, developmentally she is almost on track(very small delay due to her stay in the orphanage). They say she is smart, likes attention , open to contact, gets along well with children.

Not exactly the development milestone information I was looking for, but I was thrilled to hear this nonetheless. Hopefully travel dates will be coming soon - I am about to burst from the anticipation!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah! She's doing well! I'm sorry you don't have travel dates but this news about your princess is phenomenal. Seriously - I know it's not what you were looking for but to have this is just wonderful! I'm thrilled! Here's hoping you get good news this week.

xo

Unknown said...

That is all REALLY good news! I know the wait is terrible, but once you have her at home - you won't remember any of it. Hang in there! Good news is coming - I can feel it!