background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

Feeling overwhelmed...

Be careful what you wish for - right? I have been waiting, hoping, and praying for travel dates since I first laid eyes on RP's picture back in August and was shocked on Wednesday when I finally got "the call" with my travel dates (actually TWO voice mails and an e-mail!). The last 48 hours have been a blur and I am beyond excited to finally be traveling to meet my little RP.

And nervous. I have been up at 4 a.m. the last two mornings my mind a whirl with questions, worries, thoughts, confusion, and more. I can't shut it off and I can't do anything about it, which is frustrating. Yesterday I made the reservations so it is becoming more real - we leave out of O'Hare around 3:30 p.m. on 11/28 and return to O'Hare around 1:30 p.m. on December 3 - five days (well, kinda six - we gain and lose days due to globetrotting across time zones), and we have a lot to do in those days. The GREAT news is that I am scheduled for not one, but TWO visits to the orphanage to meet RP, which is better than the one visit I expected. My mom and I completed our visa applications last night and they are officially on their way to Potomac, MD to be couried to the Russian Embassy in DC and with any luck we'll have them back by next weekend. This weekend its working on the nursery, getting the puppies vaccinations up to date (just in case they have to be boarded while we're gone), and shopping for gifts for the orphanage (and maybe, just maybe something for RP too!).

I can't believe we leave next Saturday - wow.

No comments: