background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Wow!

So, as I posted the other day I received a referral on the most beautiful little girl imaginable. The past week has been quite the whirlwind of emotions - amazement, utter excitement and joy, crazy disbelief, and even some anxiety. Am I doing the right thing? Is something going to go wrong? What the HECK am I doing??? And on and on and on.

The doctor reviewed the little Russian Princess's (RP from here on out!) medical information and while there wasn't a lot to see, was cautiously optimistic about it, so I took the plunge and accepted the referral. Woo-hoo!!! This is the day I have been waiting for - what I've wanted for this entire year right? Right? BEST day ever!

Um, yeah - then please explain to me why I had an utter and complete meltdown today. Luckily I was working from home today so my meltdown was in private and not for the world to see, but when I said the word "yes" and then proceeded to review the list of 7,826 documents that are now required I lost... my... mind. While I know everything is being done for a reason and all assurances need to be made to ensure that the children are going to good homes, redoing massive amounts of paperwork, many which literally were only completed weeks ago, makes no sense to me. For the first time in a really long time I lost it. Out and out tears and even hiccups afterwards - full-fledged panic attack.

I am, however, happy to report that I have survived, picked myself up off the bed (thank god for the furbabies who literally were there to snuggle and lick the tears away), completed about 40 pieces of paper, and am renewed again for the challenge.

At least for today...

1 comment:

Jennifer Bentley said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. Think of all of this as practice for your impending motherhood. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't think I am going to lose my mind. It's still there - I think...