background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Timing is everything...

So, as you know I periodically check my agency's website to see what the latest and greatest news is that they are publicizing. It's not that I don't trust what they are telling me, it's just that often they are vague in giving time lines due to the fact that they don't want to set unrealistic expectations, which I get and I appreciate. So, here is the latest and greatest from their site:

"Great News! *****'s Russia program is amazing! Many of our families are receiving referrals of boys within 4 months of the complete dossier reaching Russia (singles and other exceptions often take longer). "

Insofar as this is great news, I'm not sure. Four months after taking 6 to complete home study and dossier paperwork is good, but not great (although faster than most I will say - some agencies are saying 9-12). The part that gets me is what I bolded - singles are an exception? Huh? Funny - this NEVER came up in my discussions with my coordinator. Hmmm.... interesting way to put things I guess. My dossier is being prepped and shipped to Russia this month (I'm not exactly sure of the timing but I had to lay down a bunch of money for dossier prep/translation) now that they have received all my documents. Heck - it might actually already BE over there.

Since I'm still waiting to hear back from FOF on the domestic adoption possibility this news doesn't upset me nearly as much as it would have just a month ago. If it does, in fact, take 4 or more months (I have a feeling they are being a bit cautious here as well) then it puts me right in the window to make one decision over another, if the domestic placement does in fact pan out. If.... If.... If....

Everything happens for a reason, right?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Everything does happen for a reason! I whole-heartedly believe this. And you are making progress. Every day that passes gets you one day closer to meeting your little one!

xo