background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cloud Nine...

So you can imagine that I have pretty much been walking on cloud nine since receiving my referral yesterday afternoon. Which, I have to say, is a pretty cool place to be. Problem with Cloud Nine is that for some reason being on Cloud Nine interferes with the ability to sleep, eat (not a biggie for me - I could stand to lose a few pounds), or focus on anything at all - even work. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back from the doctor who is evaluating my medical information and just waiting for the green light to call the agency and scream "yes, yes - when can I go????" This, of course, would NOT be a good idea since I am at work and no one at work knows about the adoption. I have looked at her picture a million times already and just can't get those big brown eyes out of my mind - it's like finding a puzzle piece that you thought was lost, but now perfectly completes the masterpiece. I'm also trying NOT to be terrified that something will go terribly wrong and a Russian family will swoop in and decide to make her a member of their family instead.

Yes, I've lost my mind - hopefully I'll find it somewhere on Cloud Nine, sometime soon!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Try to sit back and enjoy Cloud Nine! Use this excitement and write down how you are feeling. Imagine what you could hand your princess - a journal showing all your love from the moment you saw her. :)

xo

Stacey said...

Congrats! I'm a single waiting to adopt from Russia as well so your story is hopeful for me (as a single gal :) You must be over the moon with your referral of a little girl. I hope everything goes really smoothly for you in this journey! I've been waiting for 10 months for a little boy... so cruising blogs of people headed to their children keeps me from going nutso... sort of... some days... thanks for sharing your story and woo hoo!