background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Greetings from sunny California...

I'm writing from my business trip to sunny California, and boy do I mean sunny! :) Yesterday it was around 92 degrees outside and apparently this is "cool" for this time of year out here. I love the heat and the sun so this is truly not bothering me, but apparently I got into something that was shellfish-based since I've been out here and am now dealing with a raging case of hives. Uh yeah, NOT so pretty or fun to deal with when you are supposed to be schmoozing people, and car dealers and sales reps at that. Thank GOD for bangs as the worst of it is all over my forehead which is puzzling and disturbing to say the least. As much as I am enjoying this trip (yep - I said it, I'm kinda having fun and this is for WORK!) I really wish I were traveling for other purposes.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my little girl in Russia and pray for an early trip one so I can go and meet her, hug her, and start lovin' on her - as she deserves. Selfishly I also want to rush over there and start the process so something can't happen and someone else decides to adopt her. I'll admit that I have already started putting the nursery together and am just waiting on the crib to truly call it almost complete. I will also admit that I've had fun picking out a few outfits to have in the closet for her and am crossing my fingers that I have guesstimated correctly on what size she will be when she comes home. Probably not the wisest thing to do, but something I am compelled to do as it really makes me feel as if I'm doing something to move this process along.

Gotta dash off to breakfast and then a whirlwind day of visiting dealerships and meeting with executives at the Fresno Bee to review the progress on my pet project right now. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: