background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

Just some random updates...

Whew! The new template is in place and looks pretty dandy if I do say so myself - finally! It was a lot more work than what I thought it would be, and while it isn't exactly what I was looking for it's a nice change of pace. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add new posts from that page since it isn't a traditional Blogger template, but it'll do...

Anyhow, nothing still from the agency, which isn't a surprise. I am starting to become concerned with the Secretary of State as it has been almost two weeks since I sent off my notarized copies of my I171-h (which is my official approval from the Department of Homeland Security that I can adopt from abroad - woo hoo!) to get them apostilled, and they STILL have not sent them on to Ohio. Everything else I sent down to Springfield has taken a week, tops, so this is somewhat alarming and I will be PISSED if they lost it and I have to do that whole part of the process over again.

I also heard more about the "domestic" adoption (I now feel the need to differentiate - is anyone else's head spinning... rapidly...). The girl and her mom are torn because they would like to keep the baby, but can't afford to do so and feel guilty about giving her up. She is due right before Christmas but having some complications now, which is adding to their confusion and anxiety. I can't even imagine being in that position and am trying not to push or prod or anything else - just leaving my options open and letting them know, through the FOF that they do have options and I'm happy to meet with them to alleviate any fears or answer any questions they may have.


I guess when all is said and done, I'm truly leaving this one up to God - whatever is meant to be will be. Is it selfish that I'd really just like to know which way this is gonna go? Someday, this will all make a GREAT story..... :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Someday soon this will all be over and you will have your angel in your arms!

xo