background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpalooza (or, in other words, the Blizzard of 2011)

We are getting hit with a MASSIVE snow storm tonight and I have been glued to The Weather Channel for practically the last 24 hours (minus the time that RP convinced me that we needed to watch "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on the DVR and two fascinating episodes of "Arthur!"). I spent Sunday down for the count with the flu, so RP spent the day with Nana and Papa so I could rest and recuperate, and I have to say that while the physical symptoms of the flu are gone, I still feel completely run down and totally lifeless.

Thank goodness RP didn't get sick (although, now that I think about it, I think I actually got the flu from her. She was fussy and had just awful diapers which I will spare you the details of the previous weekend, and didn't eat well again for almost a week - right before I came down with the flu) but it pained me to ask Nana and Papa to come and get her. It was the right thing to do, but apparently she thought I was coming to pick her up and was saddened/confused by the fact that she spent the night with Nana and Papa and came back home Monday afternoon.

This snowstorm is something like I've never seen before and apparently is on track to be one for the record books. For this reason alone I am thankful to have no where to go tomorrow (RP was supposed to go to pre-school but I checked their website and they have already decided to close tomorrow) but tomorrow is when RP starts potty-training in earnest. It was supposed to be today but I had to run errands this morning to get prepared for being home bound due to the storm and frankly potty-training slipped my mind today - whoops.

For some reason RP, who understands the concept of potty, DETESTS sitting on the potty. Sitting on it. Looking at it. You name it. She was "potty-trained" when she left the orphanage, so I really didn't think this would be a big deal, but it seems that the potty training process was traumatizing before and now she just doesn't want any part of it.

That being said, come tomorrow I'm not sure where the bigger storm is going to be - outside in the blizzard, or in the house with an almost-three year old who wants nothing to do with the potty.

Ugh.

No comments: