background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hanging in there...

Yes, RP and I survived the great "Snownami of 2011" (or so I've been calling it!), none the worse for the wear. I have a HUGE case of spring fever right now, and if I don't get outside soon, or some warmer weather, I might go postal.

My faith in mankind is renewed as yesterday two guys from the neighborhood - I don't know who they are - magically appeared in my driveway and used their snow blowers to clear out my entire driveway. I would love to have paid them, or made them some baked goods (I'd offer coffee but since I don't drink it, I'm not the best at making it!) but they seemed happy with a smile, a wave, and a hearty "thank you!" I have no idea how much snow we actually got, but I have 5' drifts in some places, with bare ground in others. Good thing RP and I had stocked up on provisions beforehand, as literally everything was shut down yesterday, which NEVER happens in this neck of the woods!

In the hubbub of the snow event yesterday it completely slipped my mind that it was exactly one year ago (yesterday) that I went to court to officially adopt RP. ONE year ago - wow! Officially I have been RP's Mom for one full year, which still makes my head swim since for so long I thought it would never come to fruition. So much has happened over the span of one short little year, and thinking back on it all, I am reminded to never take things for granted, and to always follow your heart as it will truly lead you on the right path. I know mine did!!!

No comments: