background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting closer to Gotcha Day!

Five short days from now will be the one year anniversary of my "Gotcha Day" with RP. Time is so very weird that it seems like forever ago, yet hardly possible that it has already been a year.

That being said, a year ago today was my final visit with RP before our Gotcha Day. I remember being excited to see her, but at the same time hurt and annoyed (okay, angry really) that I had to be in country for two weeks, yet only could see my baby two times in the first week and a half, let alone having to wait five days between our final visit and the day that I could walk out of the orphanage with her as a family.

Our final visit was actually the best one ever, and if I had to wait the five days, it was an incredible way to start that wait. I remember the music teacher coming in and having our own personal "concert" with her and RP. RP was shy yet adorable, and was truly the center of the universe for the hour that we spent with her. This day also stands out for me because it was the first time I ever heard her speak - and her first word to me was "Mama."

Walking out of the orphanage every visit was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but this visit was by far the hardest. After 13 months, 50,000 air miles, and confirmation of the finalization of the adoption from the court, I was ready to start our life as a family. It was of little comfort at the time that the next time I arrived at the orphanage it would be for the last time, and that RP would finally come home with me to start her life with me as a family. I remember choking back the tears over the next several days, but truly unwilling and unable to do much other than wish the time away and count down the hours until I held her in my arms... for good. This was truly one of the times that I was thankful for the fact that no matter what else happens, time marches on!

February 19, 2010


February 13, 2011

No comments: