background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sick of being sick...

I have to say that **knock on wood** I have been extremely lucky that RP has been so healthy since she came home. A few colds and one sinus infection has been the worst of it, and in almost one year she has had ONE prescription medication which was the goopy pink antibiotic which is a childhood standard.

That being said, about two weeks ago RP came down with a mild case of the flu. She didn't throw up, but was weepy, clingy, and just not her normal cheerful self with some very messy diapers (sorry if that is TMI - I tried to keep it vague!). After she was done with the flu bug, she gave it to me for about 36 hours, and then I gave it to her Nana - y'know, just to keep it in the family! RP has still had a runny nose and congestion but given the sub-zero temperatures and 20+" of snow we had this week, that's to be expected.

Yesterday my throat started killing me something fierce, but I tried to suck it up and deal with it. Today, RP started complaining of a "boo-boo" in her mouth, but after questioning her it seems as if it is her throat and not her mouth, so now I'm fearful we both have strep (yep, it hurts that bad). Looks like a trip to the Quick Care is in our Sunday-morning list of to-do's, which I'm not looking forward to as I'm hoping my insurance stuff is all fully COBRA'd now and there won't be any mix-ups.

It was pitiful to have my little princess crying for me tonight knowing there really wasn't anything I could do for her. I gave her some over the counter ibuprofen and considering she jabbered for an hour after going to bed I don't think she was in enough pain to warrant a trip to the ER, but just seeing her uncomfortable until she fell asleep and knowing there wasn't anything I could do for her felt terrible.

In the midst of all this, RP has decided that she LOVES wearing her new Minnie Mouse underwear and is actually doing really well with potty-training. She's had a few accidents but for the most part is sitting on the potty taking care of business and is oh-so excited with herself when she is done, although I have to say that the first thing she does after leaving the bathroom is beeline for the stash of M&M's and "remind" me that she gets "tree Nem-en-nem's Mommy" and then counts them for me: "eight-nine-two." Yeah, we still have some work to do on the whole counting thing, but hey, she tries!

No comments: