background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rapidly approaching

February is usually a cold and dreary month for me, but this year I have so much to reflect on and celebrate during the month. A year ago today was my last day of work before FMLA kicked in, and I was a complete basket case as I tried to wrap up all my work responsibilities and pack for being in Russia for two solid weeks, picking up RP and processing her out of the country. My mom and I left for St. Petersburg on Valentine's Day, and while my court date was February 2, RP's official adoption date in February 15. After that we have "Gotcha Day" as February 24, and we FINALLY arrived home on February 27. Whew - I'm tired just thinking about it all! What a whirlwind, and I won't lie that much of February, 2010 is a complete blur to me.

Although it has only been a year, I can't remember (or imagine!) life without her! She drives me crazy some days as she is silly, active, and yes, sassy, but I wouldn't have her any other way. She makes me laugh, she keeps me on my toes, and she absolutely melts my heart, especially when she says something completely loving out of the blue. Last night, for example, after we went through our bedtime ritual of brushing teeth, washing our face, getting a drink of water, saying bedtime prayers, and then reading her story, she followed me to the gate in her door, arms up and jabbering for something pretty insistently. It took me a minute to realize she was saying, " 'nuggle Mommy, one more 'nuggle." Yep, she wanted one more snuggle... which I happily obliged!

No comments: