background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movin' on...

It looks as if RP is really on track to be "movin' on" from diapers/pull-ups, and I couldn't be more excited (or more relieved). After a really rough start to potty training, she has been doing REALLY well with knowing when she needs to potty, then taking care of business. Don't get me wrong, she still has accidents (today she had two of them back-to-back, go figure!) and we still have to use a pull-up if she is going somewhere in the car, going to be somewhere where we can't readily get to a bathroom for her, and at night. I think I am most impressed that today was her first day at pre-school since we started "potty training boot camp" and while she didn't actually use the potty at school, she went in there twice, on her own, to at least try. Yay for small victories! I would love to say that this is all due to me being home with her 24/7 but I think the truth of the matter is that she has developed quite an addiction to M&M's and simply decided this was the easiest way to get her M&M fix on a regular basis. Am I a bad mother because my attitude to this is that I'll take it???

I have also decided that I need to be "movin' on" in terms of my career and came to the conclusion (finally!) that I want to try to go back to school. One of the local universities offers a one-year full-time program that would allow me to have my teaching certificate in hand for the 2012 school year AND graduate with only one course to complete a master's degree. My application goes out in the mail tomorrow and then we'll see if I'm even accepted into the program. Of course, while I'm waiting I am still looking for full-time employment and I really am taking the attitude I took while going through RP's adoption process - whatever is meant to be will be and I need to be open to opportunities and changes as they present themselves.

This all being said, I couldn't be more excited for tomorrow's planned "Mommy Day." RP is spending the day (and then the night!) with her grandparents while I get a TON of things done - eye and doctor's appointments, taking the dogs to the groomer, getting the taxes done - you know, fun stuff. I'll miss my RP terribly but I know she'll have a blast with Nana and Papa and it would be really boring to drag her along to all this stuff, so it's best for her too. However, next time I plan a "Mommy Day" I really want to try for something more relaxing - like a day at the spa... or the beach!

No comments: