background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jedi Mind Trick...

I didn't get to see much of RP today as she went to pre-school this morning, then spent the afternoon at her grandparents so I could get some errands done. I am happy to report that I FINALLY took care of getting RP a social security number - AND that it only took me a 10-minute visit to the Social Security office to do so (I had allotted HOURS to the process and was pleasantly surprised by this turn of events!). By the time all the errands were done, it was time for dinner at Nana and Papa's house, which then led to RP and I coming straight home and her pretty much going straight to bed.

The past few nights RP has wanted NO part of going to bed. Last night she talked, played, and sang in her bed until I finally took away her favorite toy of the day - a toy school bus (or "bool-bus" as RP calls it), which then led to almost 20 minutes of screaming, crying, and carrying on until she wore herself out and fell fast asleep. Tonight I was prepared for more of the same, but RP chose a simpler route...

RP (standing at baby gate in her room talking to me while I worked on the computer which is directly outside her room): Me no sleepy Mommy.

Me: Yes, you are sleepy RP. Get that tushie back in bed.

RP: Otay Mommy. (Heads back to bed...)

** 30 second pause in the drama**

RP (back at gate): Me no sleepy Mommy.

Me: Yes, you ARE sleepy RP. Get back in bed... now.

RP: No Mommy - me no sleepy.

Me: Yes you are RP. Get that tushie BACK. IN. BED.

RP: Otay Mommy. (Heads back to bed...)

RP (yelling from bed): Me still no sleepy Mommy. Me pay now (pay=play in RP-speak).

Me: No, you will NOT play now RP. You need to go to sleep. You are sleepy.

RP: Otay Mommy.

You get the idea. This went on for 20 minutes until I finally smartened up and went downstairs, where she proceeded to yell down to me every 3 minutes that she wasn't sleepy yet, until I finally threatened to remove all of her books and toys from her room unless she closed her "pretty brown eyes" and went to sleep. This led her to inform me that Mommy has blue eyes, Nana has green eyes, Papa has blue eyes, and RP has brown eyes, but after getting that out of her system, she toddled back off to bed and finally fell asleep.

On the plus side here, at least everything was "Otay Mommy" and not "Otay guy..."

No comments: