background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Thank goodness for "normal" days

Is there really such a thing as "normal?" If so, I think today was it. To get ready for our big family vacay to Disney I have been tanning (I know, I know...) and today I dropped RP at her grandparents so I could enjoy 20 minutes of fake sun and music blaring on my iPod. RP was actually really good today (minus the "let's see what happens when I take a handful of dirt out of Nana's plants" moment...) and she loved playing Lego's with Nana and snuggling with Papa while watching Mickey Mouse. When we got home this afternoon she took a decent nap and played quietly while I did the same. Follow that by a good dinner, a tea party in the middle of the kitchen, and before you know it, it is time for bed. All in all a good day, and I was only "hey guy!" a handful of times today. Woo-hoo!

In the midst of all this normalcy I received my first real bite on my resume. I don't want to jinx anything by posting too much detail, but the recruiter was great and was super excited to get my resume over to the hiring manager, so I was pretty excited as well. Couple that with RP AND the puppies being quiet and behaving so I could go through the phone screen, and we can chalk up a great day today.

Ahhh... is it too much to hope for that these "good days" last AND that very soon I'll be back in the land of the employed? Here's to hoping! :)

No comments: