background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Such a slacker...

I can't believe its been a week since I last posted - as you may have guessed, things have been pretty busy these past few days. My parents are moving out of their house and in with me for a few days (yay - company in the abode - woo-hoo!) while they are waiting on getting their occupancy permits for their new (and ginormous!) house. My oldest nephew turned 7 so we were in Wisconsin to celebrate, and work has been drama-filled as usual. Ugh - I hate drama. None of these are very good excuses for neglecting my blogging duties, but they are all that I've got... :)

No news on the adoption front, but I'm hoping that by now my home study has been received in Ohio and is now going through final processing before being sent off to Russia. I'm hopeful that once it is received that things will move pretty quickly from there, although I'm trying to temper that with keeping things in perspective and not getting my hopes up for a quick turnaround. It'll happen when it happens, and I'm trying to keep myself busy with everything and anything to keep my mind off the wait. As I expected, it was frustrating, but a little easier, when I was chasing down paperwork and filling out forms because at least I felt like I was doing something.... although hopefully someone will remind me of this when I complain about the next round of paper chasing, which is almost guaranteed to happen!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I was hoping things were moving along for you and that's why you hadn't posted. I'm sure things are moving even when you don't get an update. :)

Teri said...

Thanks Kristin - I hope so too. Luckily being busy with other stuff has made the time fly, but not fast enough. :)