background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Nothing new... and it's driving me nuts already!

So, thanks to the beauty of FedEx.com tracking I was able to confirm this morning that my apostilled passport pictures were received by my agency - yippee!!! Now all I'm waiting on is for all my home study documents to be apostilled and sent off, which I'm hoping will take no longer than a week. After that, it's sit and wait... and wait... and wait... *sigh* It's one thing when I'm the one doing the procrastinating but highly another when I am waiting on someone else.

I'm looking forward to doing a lot of nothing this weekend. Buddy has a vet appointment tomorrow morning to get his yearly vaccinations just in time to be pampered at the PuppyHotel in a few weeks (yes, I reserve the fur-babies a suite and yes, their hotel bill typically costs than mine, but they are pampered, spoiled rotten, and worth every penny!) then I'm left to my own devices for another day and a half before returning to the grind of work. As y'all know, I love my job but the grind of the office drama going on, and the fact that I have to possibly lay off two of my employees by the end of the month, has me less than thrilled these days and in desperate need of a vacation.

I have not told anyone (and I mean anyone) at the office about the adoption and I'm finding it harder and harder to find excuses as to why I keep whining about needing to take a vacation, but I don't actually plan one. My vacation this year (hopefully anyway!) will be three weeks (thereabouts!) in Russia, one week at a time. Not necessarily the island getaway I would normally plan, but it is THE most anticipated trip(s) I have ever taken, and I look forward to planning those island getaways with my new son/daughter in the upcoming years. This is so much better than last year's vacation time which was consumed by in-vitro procedures and 9-weeks of recovery from the hysterectomy! In the interim I am planning on taking a day here very soon and splurging at the spa - massage, facial, mani/pedi - the works! Ahhh.......

... and so the wait continues....

No comments: