background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

GRRR!!!

So, its another week and still the home study has not been completed - talk about frustrating. As of the third week of May I was told that my home study was done, notarized, and ready to go except (ugh - I HATE that word!) that the DCFS endorsement letter had not yet been received. Mind you, I completed the DCFS paperwork in March or April and sent it off ASAP in order to NOT have any holdups. I was told I should have everything in hand by the end of May, and here we are at the first week of June and still no home study.

I'm getting anxious to get everything moving - my wait list paperwork is now in hand at my agency's office, and the dossier is 2 pages short, and those two pages are at the Secretary of State's office being apostilled as I type. I have a closet full of stuff for baby, and am ready to move forward. I've been picking up stuff every now and then, if for no other reason than to feel a part of the process - like I'm doing something to prepare and move this process along. While I am a procrastinator by nature, my alter-ego is extremely organized and hates being late and not being ready for change. I don't know why I'm a study in opposites - just always have been! I'm making some assumptions along the way though - I am assuming that my child is going to be a boy and is going to fit in the 18 and 24-month size clothes I bought. I am assuming that I will be traveling during the winter months (I bought the cutest blue snowsuit when the seasons changed and got it for next to nothing!). I am also assuming that this process is eventually going to move along, and when I look back on all this years from now it will seem like the process moved quickly, and I'll forget ever NOT having my child in my life.

I'm hoping for better news this week. I've pressed my home study agency to follow up with DCFS and get that letter in hand... soon. Once that's in, along with my other two documents, my dossier can be translated and sent to Russian, which is when the true waiting begins. While I fully admit to my procrastinating tendencies, I am NOT patient when waiting on others. This will be when the true fun begins!!!

No comments: