background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What the...

heck? So, just hours after my post about how I am going to go crazy waiting with nothing to do I get an e-mail from my agency with a bunch of attachments that tells me to hurry up and fill out the attached forms for a region in Russia so they can get going and hopefully get a referral for me more quickly. Now, perhaps I should have called them to find out where this was coming from since they don't even have all my documents in yet AND I have sent two sets of wait list documents already, but I figured that they were aware of a region that had referrals available and they were working proactively to get me on the list ASAP so as soon as all my documents were in I would be ready to go. Oh, AND these wait list documents were similar, yet different, from the ones I already submitted, so I figured "yippee for me!" SOOOO.... I rushed home from work and spent an hour filling out the new paperwork, making copies, and getting everything ready to FedEx out tomorrow for delivery by Friday.

Now... somewhere in this process I missed the phone call to my home phone (which I vaguely remember hearing ring, but ignored because I thought it was the TV and heck - I was focused and on a mission!). That phone call happened to be my coordinator telling me that there was a mix-up and to disregard the message from the wait list person - I don't need to do the new documents after all. While it makes complete sense, that message made me feel like a balloon that suddenly sprung a leak and immediately deflated. I'm going to chalk this up to a very valuable lesson in "be careful what you wish for" and keep hoping that things continue to move along.

Oh, and I'm saving all those documents and hoping that I can use them in a few weeks - keep those fingers crossed!!! :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get to send in those documents soon! Do you want me to talk to Evan's aunt and uncle who adopted their boys from Russia to find out more information? They are going to be at our house on Sunday for the baptism.

Teri said...

I forgot all about that! If you could, that would be great! I read all the stories online, but having a first hand story/information would be great - thank you so much!!! :)

Kristin said...

I will talk to them this weekend. I'm sure they can fill you in on the details.

Teri said...

You're the best! :) :) :)