background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Musings... on nothing!

So its been a few days and I've already been a slacker about posting - go figure! (toldja I was a procrastinator! I guess its because I've been busy (par for the course these days), but no real news... on anything.

I'm still waiting to get some of my paperwork back in order to ship it off to the Secretary of State for more pretty seals to the cost of $2 per document plus FedExing fees. Still haven't gotten back the ones I sent before Memorial Day which is making me nervous but I'm trying to keep it all in stride and not dwell on it. After months of fertility treatment, recovery from a complete hysterectomy, and the paper blitz involved in making the decision to adopt, I am SO ready to actually see some results come from all the heartache. Is that too much to ask?

For now I'm busy trying to prepare for what's to come and enjoy the time with my family and friends before my life changes forever (for the best for sure!). I have the nursery bedding and wall decals in an adorable baby zoo animal theme, and my brother and sister-in-law have offered to buy the crib and mattress, While I am anxious to start putting it altogether, I have promised myself that I won't start decorating and assembling until my dossier is submitted and I'm assigned to a region. Wish me luck on keeping that promise!!! :)

My hope it to have the adoption completed by Christmas - what a Christmas miracle that would be! Keep your fingers crossed, and I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my dear, I am so happy to see you documenting this journey! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle as well. Looking forward to what's ahead. :)

Teri said...

Thanks Kristin - if we hadn't chatted about blogging recently I probably wouldn't have started when I did, so I have to thank you for being the inspiration!!! :)