background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Is it too much to ask for?

Competence, that is. So, my home study was completed AND notarized on May 14. Yep, that's right MAY 14. Since then I have been badgering my home study agency to get my documents down to the Secretary of State for their apostille, then over to Ohio so we can get moving (toldja I was impatient!). I received a call Monday evening from my coordinator letting me know that they finally received my home study documents BUT....

Yes, I said "but." The "but" is that the agency forgot TWO vital documents, so now I'm in the process of haranguing them to get them over to Ohio ASAP. This in and of itself is beyond frustrating, but the response I received from the director was even more so in that a) it was ambiguous and b) it barely even offered an apology! I paid them HOW MUCH to take care of this? I completely understand human error and oversight, but this is ridiculous. As professionals it should have been understood that the copy of the agency license was required. It isn't rocket science. It isn't even high school chemistry class - its basic.

Ugh. I have been grouchy lately - grouchy with drama at work that seems to be never ending, grouchy with the economy and government in general (don't get me started!) and grouchy with the snails-pace this process is creeping along at. I keep thinking it can only get better, and hoping that all the frustrations are taking place now in the process so the rest of it can be relatively smooth-sailing, but we'll see. I try to face each day with a positive attitude and do what I can to make life easier for everyone around me. Not sure I'm accomplishing that, but I certainly try....

... and wait.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh no! Another delay? Who do I need to yell at? I'm with you on your thought process though - more issues up front mean a smoother process in the end. I'm thinking about you!

xo