background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

That which does not kill you...

... is supposed to make you stronger, right? I've tried believing that for a while now, but I'm pretty sure at this point that it will in fact just make you tired... and grouchy.... and really, really impatient!

So, my little story last left off with me waiting to hear back from my social worker about the missing documents and confirmation that yes, they were in fact sent. I gave them some slack with the 4th of July holiday and all but now here we are at noon on Monday (I started this process middle of last week mind you) and I still have not heard back. Not from my social worker. Not from the director. Not from my agency who said they would follow-up on my behalf. Nobody. And quite frankly, for all the time and money I have invested in these two particular agencies so far (not to mention emotions!), this level of service is unacceptable. Yep - all my years in customer service are coming back to me - and I'm not enjoying being on the "customer" side of things.

It probably also doesn't help that during a 4th of July party I attended a friend of mine (well, a friend of a friend really) mentioned, while we were discussing the adoption process, that she knew of someone who's daughter is pregnant and not planning on keeping the baby. This, then of course spiked the conversation of how she would talk to her for me to let her know that she knew of someone who could adopt the baby if she hadn't made plans already, and she would let me know what happened. I have already been through this exact scenario once to a disastrous outcome, and while I am trying NOT to get my hopes up that this could work out, in the back of my mind I keep praying that this becomes not only a viable option, but reality.

It'd be really nice if everyone kept their fingers crossed that the adoption process, whichever route it takes, because I'm really working on NOT having this waiting, and unknowing, game, kill me....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Fingers crossed! And of course, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Things will work out. Unfortunately this isn't an easy process and it's so hard when there are wonderful people (hint, hint - that's you!) who are ready, willing and able to bring a child into your home to love with all your heart. I'm here for you and rooting for all your dreams to come true!

xo