background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

NASCAR weekend!!!

So, while I'm waiting for news (any news whatsoever!) on what the status of my adoption paperwork is, I figured I'd have a little fun and what better way to do that than at a NASCAR race? Yes, I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan.... did I say HUGE? Every year my parents, my best friend and her husband, and I spend two weekends tailgating and enjoying all the race festivities at Chicagoland Speedway. This year was by far one of the best in that not only did we have an awesome time tailgating, but I also got to meet JEFF GORDON - my absolute favorite driver.

No, I don't have any stories of how witty I was when I saw him, nor did I swoon or faint at the mere presence of him. I'm waiting to get the official photographer's pictures in (another wait - seriously, is that the theme of 2009 or what???) and when I do hopefully one will be good enough to post here, but just getting to go on stage with him, shake his hand and get his autograph, let alone posing for a picture with him, made my year. It was awesome. It was fantastic. It was... well, you get the point.

And now.... we shall wait.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Glad you had a great time at the races. I'm sure the picture with Jeff will turn out great. We can't wait to see it up here.

The wait will be over soon. In the meantime, we are here for you!