background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yep - I'm back!

So I have been super, super bad about posting anything on the blog for a while. Yes, this should tell you that there really isn't too much going on to tell about - sadly enough. The GOOD news is that the paperwork is done - well, round one of the paper chase anyway. All paperwork has been completed and sent on to Ohio, who in turn will be sending on to Russia. The thought makes me both extremely excited and extremely nervous all at the same time. Am I ready for this? How long will it take? What exactly are the next steps? A year from now, will this all be a distant memory and the start of a brand-new, ultimate thrill ride known as motherhood? (Yes, I know - a bit dramatic. Can't help it - it's been a while since I've blogged after all!)

It is truly a bittersweet time. While Russian adoption is what has been pulling at my heartstrings and deep down feels like the absolute path for me - what I was destined to do - I was still holding hope alive that a domestic adoption opportunity would pan out through the friend-of-a-friend network. I stopped pressing for updates. I stopped keeping it in the front of my mind. Sure, it could still happen. I have been reassured every which way from Sunday by a couple of people (some of whom I kinda trust, others who I trust with my every fiber of being) that they are keeping me in mind if they should hear about any opportunity at all. Knowing my luck the options will all present themselves at the same time and I will truly have to make the most difficult decision of my life... and that thought truly terrifies me, while being absolutely wonderful at the same time. Heck - I can't even make a decision right now as to how I feel - imagine being presented these options all at the same time - I'd be a WRECK!

I'll try to keep more current and not let days and weeks pass with no options. Truth be told I have missed blogging. While I'm not entirely sure anyone outside of a handful of people actually read it (you know who you are, and I love you for it!) it helps me to process what's going on, and get through the times nothing is going on. Who woulda thunk? :)

No comments: