background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sassy pants

I have to say that overall today RP was in a great mood, and was fairly well behaved. She showed up in my room before the crack of dawn this morning, and considering I was up until 2 a.m. starting to clean out drawers in my bedroom dressers (I have been watching too many episodes of "Hoarders" lately and feel compelled to get rid of crap around here and decided to go with some "low-hanging fruit" if you will...) I was none to thrilled with this, and sent her back to her room to go back to bed. She re-appeared a couple of hours later, big grin on her face, letting me know that the sun was now out and that she NEEDED to watch Mickey Mouse (who knew he was on at 8 a.m.? Not this chick!), so I flipped my TV on to the Disney Channel and got about 45 more minutes of sleep while she was in her Disney-coma.

She fell asleep around 11:30 a.m., which was only a problem because we were on our way to get her hair cut - with an 11:45 a.m. appointment - so I had to wake her up once we got to the salon, but once again she woke with a huge grin and was very good for Miss H to trim her hair. After being such a good girl, I decided that we should go and get pizza for lunch, and again - well behaved in the restaurant and listened very well to Mommy. This should have all clued me in...

... that things were NOT going to stay the same. Fast forward to nap time, when I had to YELL up the stairs not once but twice that she needed to lay down and take her nap. Two hours later she emerged from her room, telling me she REALLY needed that nap (and yes, Mommy did too!). At dinner, however, RP decided that she was "large and in-charge" and became all sorts of sassy for reasons unknown to anyone but her. After several requests from me to stop kicking the table, and a final ultimatum that if she continued she was DONE with dinner, she looked right at me and kicked away - again. I grabbed her plate, dumped the food in the garbage, and wiped her hands and face up, telling her she was done with her meal. She started in on a "mini-tantrum" - sitting on the floor crying (noise that got progressively louder, but no tears) and stomping her feet, especially when she learned that no dinner meant no dessert. I told her that if she kept getting louder and stomping she was going to spend some time in the "Naughty Corner" but to no avail, so she got to spend the longest three minutes of MY life in the "Naughty Corner" while I tried to finish my dinner and not bust out laughing at the drama (it was laugh or be ridiculously mad - I chose to find the drama funny, which is not always the case. Go figure.). After her "release" from the naughty corner she came up to me, apologized, and then merrily went on her way, playing with a small beach ball she got at daycare.

Playing with the beach ball was fun UNTIL she whipped it at the dog's head. Yes, on purpose. Yes, after I told her several times to be careful with the ball in the house and absolutely NOT to throw it at either of the dogs, Mommy, OR the TV. You guessed it - the ball went into a 10-minute time out, so more drama. Ugh. This is turning out to be one long day.

After the ball drama, I asked RP if she wanted to talk to Nana. She was upset the night before that she didn't get to talk to her, and I had promised her that she could, and she was excited to talk on the land line, because for some reason she felt that this required standing on her princess step stool to do so, which is always great fun! I called Nana and Papa, and she talked to Papa first. I ignored her the first time she turned around to me and said, "Quiet - I am on the phone," and she proceeded to tell Papa all about not getting to finish her dinner because she was naughty. I ignored her when she got on the phone with Nana and proceeded to turn around and say, "Shhh - I am ON the phone," but I was more annoyed than the first time she said it (and, if I were to need a defense, I hadn't uttered a peep during either of her conversations at this point - she was totally mimicking me when I am on the phone and she feels the need to interrupt). When Mommy finally lost her patience was when I told her she needed to say good-byes and "I love you's" to Nana and she whipped her little head around, looked me dead in the eye with a completely annoyed look on her face, and shouted in MY face, "I AM ON THE PHONE - BE. QUIET!!!!!!!" Yeah, that didn't go so well... for her. Back to the "Naughty Corner" and I got to explain to Nana what that was all about.

After RP spent her time in the "Naughty Corner" for being sassy we discussed her sassiness and tone of voice. Hopefully she now has a more "full" understanding of why she got in trouble and how she is NOT to talk to me any more. If not, she is going to be spending lots more time in that "Naughty Corner," and Mommy is going to need to invest in more Advil...

No comments: