background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Sometimes I go into Father's Day weekend with a twinge - I love celebrating my dad and all he has done for me, but it makes me somewhat sad that RP doesn't have that same thing in her life. I am EXTREMELY lucky that she has a great group of men in her life to act as role models, and she loves them all dearly - her Papa (of course), her "Uncle Crick," and her godfather, "Uncle Cake" (what can I say, we're still working on language development - they know who they are!). She knows who Daddy's "are," and can identify them in a television program or in a book, but she has never asked why she doesn't have one, but I'm sure that day is coming. As it is, last Thursday RP told me that we NEEDED to have a baby at home - baby brother or sister, it didn't matter - then an hour later told me that she did NOT want a baby at home and that she liked being an only child. Whew - sidestepped a landmine on that one!

Today I give thanks to everyone in my life who has made being a single mom easier, both for me and for RP, and especially all you special guys who love RP like your own and make her feel warm, secure, and special - both she and I are eternally grateful for your love and support!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Uncle Cake couldn't love her more if she was his own!!!