background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catching up...


It's been a while since I've posted, and for good reason. RP and I took our first official "road trip" to visit relatives in another state, about 6 hours away. I have to say that I was dreading the prospect of spending six hours in the car with RP, only because while she does well on 1-2 hour trips, this is WAY longer than she's ever had to spend in the car, and I wasn't sure how she'd do. I'm pleasantly pleased to announce that she did FANTASTIC - the only "glitch" we ran into is that about 20 minutes from our destination she lost her mind in the back seat and started crying and screaming that her tummy hurt and she needed to get out... now. Yes, I thought she was going to get car sick and yes, those were the LONGEST 20 minutes of my life, but we made it, she DIDN'T get sick, and we both had a blast - me visiting relatives I haven't seen in almost 6 years, and she meeting those relatives for the first time.


RP also started gymnastics class last week, so once a week she now attends gymnastics in addition to being in pre-school once a week. I am thankful right now that I am a SAHM because there is a LOT of running around that has been happening recently, and I have to say that while I'm looking forward to gainful employment (or school) in the near future, I am enjoying the here and now. RP is doing well in gymnastics and seems to enjoy it immensely, and unlike last week when she bolted for the middle of the gym, today she stayed with the group despite being tired and crabby for part of the class (our idiot neighbors are doing construction in their basement and have a knack for not starting the hammering until she is almost asleep, which has made for some long nights when they repeatedly wake her up with all their noise!).



It also seems, to me anyway, that RP's speech is getting better by the day. This could be because I am spending so much time with her that I just understand her more, but I think it's getting more clear and coherent every day, which is one less worry for me. She still sounds really garbled when she's being silly and playing, or when she is super-excited about something, but for the most part she is getting more and more understandable and using a bigger vocabulary each and every day (the new word of the day: disgusting. Previous word of the day: "idiot," as in "what are those idiots doing NOW Mommy?" Yes, I need to stop calling the neighbors idiots.).


I am also happy to announce that RP has FINALLY learned to pedal a bike! We stopped off at her cousins' on the way home from our road trip and my brother had a tiny Power Wheels that she could finally reach the pedals on, and after a few false starts she was off and running with the rest of the crew - riding bikes like champs! Sunday I found a tiny Radio Flyer tricycle that she can reach the pedals on as well, and now all she wants to do is "ride, ride, ride!" her bike. She is so proud of herself for being able to ride a bike like the rest of the kids her age, and that smile and sense of accomplishment more than makes up for the monetary cost of the bike. I had to laugh, though, when I put her new bike in the garage next to her Barbie Power Wheels ATV and her Barbie Hot Wheels (the one she can only ride like Fred Flintstone since she still can't reach the pedals on that one yet!) - every bike she has is pink and purple!!! Good thing I have a two-car garage because with her collection of vehicles she needs that space to park all of HER vehicles in!

No comments: