background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

A taste of spring

Yes, it's true - today was truly a quick taste of spring. The temperatures here hit over 60 degrees, so RP and I took full advantage of them to spend some time outside before the temps dipped back down to "normal" (aka - cold!). After trying unsuccessfully for a half hour to get RP to take her nap this afternoon - unsuccessful because my crazy neighbors were already outside taking full advantage of the weather and find it completely necessary to have conversations at volumes which allow me to hear every word they are saying... while I am still inside, and allow their children to clamour around outside like the untamed banshees they have proven themselves to be - I gave up, told RP to put her coat and shoes on, and we ventured out to take the puppies for a walk around the block. After that, we spent about an hour or so playing in the backyard and just enjoying the mild temperatures and the break between rain systems!

In three and a half weeks we will be headed to Disney World, and I can't wait, so much so that I pulled out the suitcase today and started putting the stuff that I had been setting aside INTO the suitcase. I know I shouldn't be packing so early, but I haven't had a vacation in over 3 years and I am really looking forward to enjoying all Disney has to offer with my family. RP may still be a bit too young to appreciate everything she will experience at Disney, but seeing her face light up the first time she sees Mickey Mouse will be priceless AND it gives me a really good excuse to plan to go back with her someday when she is a little bit older!

Our little excursion outside today came at the expense of nap time, for which I paid dearly later as RP was out of pocket from dinner time to bed time. I'm considering this a good test of what will happen while we are in Florida and strengthens my resolve to try to find time each day for her to rest and take a quick nap, even if it means we have to leave the park and return to meet up with everyone later - isn't that why they invented the "park hopper" in the first place? :) At least I was able to test this here, and didn't wait until we were in Orlando to figure it out!

No comments: