background

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Holy temper tantrum!

It may come as a shock to you, but my little RP is not perfect. Sure, she is utterly adorable and she has shiny brown eyes and a HUGE crooked grin, and for the most part is pretty happy-go-lucky, but she has her moments. Today she had a HUGE "moment."

I'll back up. RP has been battling a pre-spring cold for almost a week now. For the most part she is doing pretty good, although she sounds really congested in her nose, and there are nights I can hear her snoring across the house. Yesterday she seemed to be almost past said cold and was not only in pretty good spirits, but the nose seemed to have stopped running as much which is a good thing (because, really - yuck!). We had a birthday party to go to yesterday afternoon so I gave RP an early lunch and settled her in for an early nap, which surprisingly she took. She slept for about 75 minutes or so, then I had to get her up to get showered, dressed, and ready to leave, and although at first she was clingy and grouchy, when she fully woke up she was in high spirits and ready for the party!

After the party was over we went to visit Nana, who had been in the hospital since the middle of last week. While RP at a sandwich, some chips, and crackers at the party, she was running a bit "high" on the LARGE piece of cake someone slipped her when I wasn't watching, so I knew that she wasn't going to go to bed anytime soon and Nana could use some cheering up, so we headed to the hospital even though it would put us getting home past RP's bedtime. We had a really nice visit with Nana and Papa, and headed home for the night, where RP went to bed about 90 minutes after her normal bedtime.

Today RP woke at her normal time and seemed in pretty good spirits. We ran some errands, had lunch out, and the whole time RP behaved VERY well - listened nicely, behaved and did as she was told, etc. She fell asleep in the car for about 20 minutes or so, then decided that she absolutely could NOT nap any more today. Even without a nap she played pretty nicely for a while, but things got ugly when she decided that she wanted to color on herself with the blue dry erase marker instead of her easel, so Mommy took the marker away and told her she would have to use one of the SIX other available markers for her artwork since she didn't listen to directions on only using the markers ON the easel. The simple act of me taking the marker away launched her into a fit of epic proportions - screaming bloody murder as her face turned purple, throwing herself on the ground and flailing every limb she had in directions I didn't know the human body could go, and jumping up and down as rapidly as her little legs would allow. This raged on for about 20 minutes during which time she also tried to scale the kitchen cabinets to get to the marker, attempting to scale ME to get to the same marker, and dragging along behind as I put the easel and the rest of the markers away in the other room.

I won't lie - I was so stunned at the sight of my sweet little girl losing her mind that I laughed - out loud - during a bulk of her tantrum. It was really the craziest sight I've ever seen, and I witnessed a few doozies of tantrums from her in the past, including the one when I first met her and she screamed so loud and so hard that she knocked herself over backwards. This surpassed them all, and for all her efforts she DIDN'T get the marker back, she had to stand in the "naughty corner," eat and early dinner, take an early bath, and go to bed early.

I asked her WHY she pitched such a fit while she was in the bathtub, and she very sweetly told me "Me wanted marker Mommy." When I asked her if it worked, she shook her head sadly and said, "Noooo...." Let's hope she learned a valuable lesson from this because I really don't want to see a replay of this ever again. Ever.

Wow.

No comments: